Friday, July 20, 2007

Caramilk in the Microwave

My grandmother (paternal) is here for the weekend, and earlier today I was thinking about the scrumptious almond-bark treats she always made. She would bring a container of them, and it would tend to be about half-full by the time anybody other than me got to them. *burp*

So I was thinking about those, and wondering if there would be a way to create something similar with less effort and using the limited resources (just a microwave) that I have during the school year.

The result: a Caramilk bar - in the microwave

...when I informed the lady working at the convenience store what I intended to do with the chocolate bar, she laughed and suggested that I take the foil wrapper off first!

But yeah, in the end it wasn't actually that interesting... Once the bowl came out of the microwave, I stirred the chocolate and caramel together with a spoon, then put it into the freezer to solidify. Unfortunately, when I went back for it half an hour later, it had completely frozen, so (of course) I put it back in the microwave for a few seconds.

The final outcome was pretty good, sort of a chocolate taffy, but it wouldn't really be worth the effort to do it again. Maybe next time I'll use a different kind of chocolate bar...

0 comments: