Friday, February 8, 2008

Foot Pedals for Sanitization

I was at a hospital today... not much fun. Anyway, I noticed that they had little signs posted up saying to constantly wash your hands or use that alcohol-based cleaner. Near the sink in the room I was waiting in was a sign that said to leave the water running while washing, rinsing, and drying your hands (then turn it off with a paper towel) so as not to touch the tap with clean hands.

So, I figured that there had to be a better - and less wasteful - way to do it. The best idea I came up with in that short moment there was having a foot pedal, or perhaps two:


The one on the left would stay where it is put, and would control the temperature, leaning side to side. The other one is viewed from a side angle, but it would be more like an accelerator, controlling the flow of the water. Granted, this would be pretty complicated and quite unnecessary, but I still thought it was an interesting idea.

3 comments:

uncapeet

February 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Love it a modern mind at work
What about a lever system by leaning into the counter top

Terri

February 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM

hi Malcolm,
I've actually seen that type of foot pedal arrangement for faucets in use somewhere...another hospital maybe...or a restaurant or somewhere? Great idea though!
Mum

Thomas

February 12, 2008 at 10:02 PM

You have a lot of good stuff running through that head of yours my friend. Keep it up.