Monday, April 28, 2008

HEARING IMPAIRED.... hearing impaired


While out driving today (I drive now hehe) I spotted a sign that said Hearing Impaired. Well, I thought it was a little funny that they'd have a single sign to note where a deaf person lives. I guess they suppose that thats where s/he is most likely to be, and thus it is the most important place to put a sign. I think....

That if the person sets out walking, they're 100% likely to pass through the street right in front of their house, then from that street there are 6 other streets possible (assuming a perfect grid). At each of these streets, there should be another sign that says the same thing, but is 1/6th of the size of the previous one. This should continue, getting 1/3 smaller each time, until the signs cannot be manufactured that small. That would be an appropriate way to warn of a person who is hearing impaired.

0 comments: